Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pictures of the day: Picnic!!!!

When you're a stay-at-home mom, boredom can be a really big problem. I mean...it doesn't matter how much you love the little bugger, staying in your house the majority of the week gets, well...boring. So, I am often racking my brain for things to do to mix it up a little. Today I decided...let's have a picnic! I can't believe we haven't done it before...I considered going to the park, but I decided that might be a risk with it being so close to naptime. Going out in the yard? Well...one, there's the dogs, and two, BUGS! Out here in the country, the bugs are horrible in the springtime. So...our deck seemed like our best bet. We got out the folding picnic blanket and pop up picnic basket that my sister got my husband and I for a wedding gift, and packed it up with peanut butter sandwiches, cheese slices, chips, and a peppermint patty (G's favorite candy). It was really fun, and Gabriel loved it!!


 I think he was horrified that his peppermint patty had started to melt...
 I mean, it totally grossed him out
 "here mommy. Mommy eat."
 Half-melted chocolate doesn't faze this chica!! Thanks G baby!!

 So get this...Gabriel's great grand parents sent him $5 in his Easter card...and he had $3 saved up from money his grandma gives him every now and then...at the local drugstore this morning I told him he could pick out a toy...(they actually have a lot of stuff he likes in there, from stuffed animals to matchbox cars) and this is what he wanted-an eco-friendly resuable cup!! Haha...he was born in hippy-dippy Asheville. Guess you can take the boy out of the mountains but you can't take the mountains out of the boy, lol!
It is pushing 85 degrees here today...we had to lose some clothing...and it wasn't even past noon yet!

1 comment:

Economy of Style said...

Awww...how sweet! I would totally love to have a picnic. I sometimes find myself looking at picnic baskets online...:-)