Monday, April 4, 2011

Yummy yummy easy potatoes

This is a recipe I made up using potatoes that is easy and delicious. I always get a lot of compliments on these, and they taste way more complicated than they are! (Or as my father-in-law said last night "These are off the chart!!")

Use a bag of small potatoes, I usually get the microwave in the bag kind (I just boil them instead). This recipe is for about 8 small potatoes, which serves 3-4 people, but you can adjust your batch accordingly.

So you only need:

-1 bag of small potatoes
- Dried dill (I don't measure, just shake it in until it looks good, but this is my best guess...maybe a little more than 1/2 teaspoon
-3 Tablespoons butter or margarine (I measured this last night just for you guys, lol!)
-A splash of milk
-A few shakes of season salt
-1/3 cup or so of shredded cheddar, monterey jack, or colby cheese (use whatever you have)
-About 5-6 good shakes of pepper

1) Boil your potatoes for about 40 minutes, or until they are really tender.

2)Drain the water out and start mashing! I just use a fork to mash, it's okay if it's a little chunky.

3) Add all of your ingredients and keep mashing until mixed together well.


Side note: I want to share with you what I served these with last night.

These are chicken sausages, and they come in a few different flavors. I bought mine at Wal-mart, but they are popping up everywhere. I love sausage, but it is soooooooooooo high in fat. These have 70% less fat in them than pork sausage, and they are delicious! If you're a health-conscious sausage lover, I highly urge you to scour the meat section of your local grocery store for an alternative like this. I don't think my husband could even tell the difference!

No comments: