Thursday, May 5, 2011

The oldest trick in the book...

Okay, so I have been using this hair trick since middle school, and a lot of you probably have too. BUT, I do have lots of great tips for making this work, because it tends to be a hit-and-miss.

Wake up with wavy hair!!
Before you go to bed at night, braid your hair into two french braided pigtails.

Okay, tip #1. Make sure you start your braid at the very top of your hairline, as close as possible. 
Tip #2. See how my hair is bumpy on top? After I made the braid, I pulled on the top to add a 'bump' and then I sprayed it with hairspray. Do this on a few places on top-it will keep the hair on top from being completely flat the next day while the rest is poufy from being wavy.
Tip#3 Don't braid your hair when it is dripping wet. It should definitely be damp-but if it's soaking wet, chances are it will not dry in the braids by the time you wake up.
Tip#4 Braid your hair as far down to your ends as you can. It helps to use small rubber bands to secure rather than larger ones. It doesn't matter if it's not perfect, just try to braid as far as you can!

The next day, when you are ready to take your hair down, I suggest using a root lifter spray on your roots and then blasting your roots with a blow dryer. I used this stuff:

If your hair is a little too poufy or frizzy after you take down your braids, spray it with a little shine spray.
Done!!

No comments: