Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nautical Blazer refashion tutorial!

What's up readers!!! : )
I hoped to get this up earlier but we spent all day pre-G baby naptime outside enjoying our nicely cleaned patio!! It was a nasty job, but it actually took Eric and I much less time than I expected...I also thought we'd run into some snakes during our cleaning, but surprisingly no-just a tree frog, lizard, and quite a few toads.
Anyways, here is a great way to re-fashion an old or outdated blazer, or just give one some pizazz. I have seen so many cute nautical-looking blazers out there, but the vintage ones on Ebay seem to sell out so quick, and new ones are pretty expensive-which is pretty much how it is with any kind of really neat embellishment. If you're dying for a cute navy or white gold-buttoned blazer to achieve a preppy summertime look, CHECK THIS OUT-take any blazer from a thrift store, ebay, etc., and replace it's buttons with some gold ones (or pearl, or jeweled button, whatever you want-I definitely plan to jazz up some of my cardigans this same with but with jeweled buttons).

Nautical Blazer Re-fashion
 
All you need is:
Needle and Thead, Gold Buttons (I got mine at Wal-mart)
Blazer



















Step One: Remove one button using either a seam ripper or scissors. (I had to use scissors because my trusty seam-ripper that I've had since my Clothing and Design class in high school finally bit the dust) Remove only one button at a time so you won't lose sight of where the buttons need to go.

Step Two: Line up your new button and sew it on! (If you need instructions, here is a video.


Step Three: Repeat with the remaining buttons until you are finished! 
And now you have a fashionable nautical-styled blazer instead of your boring old one! This is especially great for any blazer/cardigan you have that you have lost a button for-don't sweat about finding a perfect match, (unless of course you're in love with that particular button) just replace them all with something better!

                                                                   Me in my stylin' new blazer!


To check out more great DIY and tutorials, check these links out!
         

No comments: