Friday, August 12, 2011

Neutrogena Skin-Clearing Makeup Review

After my recent beach trip and all the time we've been spending outside at home, I needed to change to a darker shade of foundation. Even though I'm pretty happy with my Loreal TruBlend (which I posted about here!), I decided to try something new. Since I've been having some skin issues lately, I decided to try Neutrogena's new Skin Clearing makeup. Okay now...if I didn't love you guys, I wouldn't do this. But...here is my makeup free face.
                                  As you can see, my face is in pretty bad shape right now.

               And here is an after pic, wearing only the Neutrogena, no concealer. I tried to get the picture from pretty much the same angle, I'm sorry it's not exact! As you can see, a lot of my spots are looking a lot better in this pic. Around my nose, my overall color looks a lot better. When it comes to coverage, this stuff isn't bad but it's not the best. What I do really like about this stuff is that the color was easy to match, and it REALLY lasts. For me, there is nothing worse than foundation that gets heavy feeling and greasy after a couple hours. This stuff feels really light and even after a four-hour car ride to my father's house today still looked and felt really good!
So really the only thing this stuff was really lacking in is coverage-and if my skin weren't in such bad shape right now that wouldn't be a problem.
Overall, I give this stuff a 3.5 out of 5.
I don't know if it helps clear your skin up, but I've been using it for a few days now and it definitely hasn't made it worse, which is really all I can ask out of makeup.

Hope this is helpful for some of you!

XoXo,

L

No comments: